By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in youth, our communities, and ourselves.
Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential.
Philosophy & Purpose
Our positive approach, our upbeat outlook, and our commitment to creating a more optimist future for youth in our communities is what differentiates Optimist Clubs from any other volunteer opportunity.
- Communities in the United States, Canada, the nations of the Caribbean and other countries throughout the world, have been touched by the powerful, positive force of Optimist Club Members.
- From sponsoring youth athletic leagues to weatherizing the homes of the elderly to conducting oratorical contests for young people – Optimist Clubs are responding to the special needs of our local communities.
- Although we come from all walks of life, Optimist Club Members share one common trait. We know that we can make a difference in the lives of others.
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Optimist Club Officers 2022-2023
Club President: Tom Binish
Past President: Harold Peterson
Vice President: Ray Suennen
Vice President: Tom Binish
Club Secretary: Paula Pyle
Club Treasurer: Scott Jandrin
Meets Weekly: Tuesday Noon at: 1951 West/Rock Garden, 1951 Bond St, Green Bay, WI 54303